Thursday, August 27, 2009

Passing the Ball...What a Novel Concept

The Bears were looking good against the Giants in the second pre-season game of the season.

I loved the passing game. During our first possession, we were facing third and long (familiar territory for the Rex/Orton days). I joked to the guy next to me, "Do you think we will run or will we run?" To my surprise, we actually passed the ball, and for a completion and a first down!

My next comment was, "Now, I've read rules of football and I'm pretty sure that's what some teams call a pass." The guy behind me joked that it was a forward pass and that teams are allowed to do that any time they want. What a novel concept.

I'll post pics from the game soon.

Looking forward to next week against Denver/Orton on Sunday night...

No comments:

Post a Comment